Information for Current Students
Industry-Based Learning is a great opportunity for students wanting to gain industry experience in their chosen field prior to completing their undergraduate degree.
The benefits of IBL for the student are numerous:
- Our research has proven conclusively that students who undertake an IBL placement will on average obtain more challenging graduate employment more quickly and at a higher salary than students who elect not to participate
- IBL acts as a point of reference for a student to refer regarding career direction within the ICT domain
- Academic performance improves following a placement
- An IBL placement will enable students to expand their knowledge of the organisational environment, employers' expectations, ethics and relationships with colleagues
- Students use IBL as the starting point to build professional networks
- Students can earn while they learn!
If you undertake IBL there is a high probability that you will have a job waiting for you upon graduation. Alternatively, part-time employment during your final year of study often becomes available with your IBL employer.
Why wait? Sign in and apply for IBL by registering above.
All students interested in undertaking IBL must attend one of the following Information Session conducted by the Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies.
If you have missed these sessions and wish to participate please
Due to Australian government regulations, optional Industry-Based Learning is currently not available to international students.
Preference will be given to those students who are enrolled in the penultimate year of their degree and who obtain a credit average (65%) over the duration of their degree program
To apply click “Register Now” at the top of this page.