Faculty of ICT
Swinburne University of Technology
John Street, Hawthorn
Melbourne, Victoria 3122
Tel: +61 430 239 663
My research interests include software architecture of embedded systems, non-functional aspects in safety-and mission-critical software systems, architecture-based quality evalution and software architecture optimization under uncertainty. I mainly focus on the the model based evaluation of probabilistic properties like reliability, availablity, safety and performance. I have recently completed my PhD at Swinburne University of Technology based on a project funded by the AutoCRC in developing safe and reliable software for automotive systems.
- Indika Meedeniya, Aldeida Aleti and Lars Grunske, "Robust Reliability Optimization of Software Architectures with Probabilistic Quality Evaluation Models". Journal of Systems and Software (JSS),Volume 85, Issue 10, October 2012, Pages 2340-2355, 2012
- Indika Meedeniya, Barbora Bühnová, Aldeida Aleti, and Lars Grunske."Reliability-Driven Deployment Optimization for Embedded Systems". Journal of Systems and Software (JSS),Volume 84, Issue 5, May 2011, Pages 835-846
- Indika Meedeniya, Irene Moser, Aldeida Aleti and Lars Grunske, "Evaluating Probabilistic Models under Uncertainty". Journal of Software and Systems Modeling (SoSyM) - In press.
International Conferences and Workshops
- Indika Meedeniya, Irene Moser, Aldeida Aleti and Lars Grunske. "Software Architecture Evaluation under Uncertainty". In International Conference on Quality of Software Architectures (QoSA' 2011), Boulder, Colorado, USA, June, 2011, pp. 85-94 (ACM Sigsoft Distinguished Paper Award)
- Aldeida Aleti and Indika Meedeniya. "Component Deployment Optimisation with Bayesian Learning". In International Conference on Component Based Software Engineering (CBSE 2011), Boulder, Colorado, USA, June, 2011, pp. 11-20
- Indika Meedeniya, Aldeida Aleti, Iman Avazpour and Ayman Amin, "Robust ArcheOpterix: Architecture Optimization of Embedded Systems under Uncertainty ". In ICSE 2012 Workshop on Software Engineering for Embedded Systems (SEES 2012), 2, Zurich, Switzerland, June, 2012, pp. 23
- Indika Meedeniya and Lars Grunske."An efficient method for architecture-based reliability evaluation for evolving systems with changing parameters". In International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, (ISSRE 2010), San Jose, CA, USA, November 1-4, 2010
- Markus Lumpe, Indika Meedeniya and Lars Grunske. "PSPWizard: Machine-assisted Definition of Temporal Logical Properties with Specification Patterns". In ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE'11), Tool Demonstrations Track, Szeged, Hungary, September 5-9 2011. Pages 468-471. ACM, 2011.
- Indika Meedeniya, Barbora Bühnová, Aldeida Aleti, and Lars Grunske."Architecture-driven reliability and energy optimization for complex embedded systems". In International Conference on the Quality of Software Architectures, (QoSA 2010), Prague, Czech Republic, June 23 - 25, 2010, volume 6093 of LNCS, pages 52-67. Springer, 2010.
- Indika Meedeniya,"An incremental methodology for quantitative software architecture evaluation with probabilistic models", in Proceedings of the 32nd ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (Doctoral Symposium)- Volume 2, ICSE 2010, Cape Town, South Africa, 1-8 May 2010. ACM 2010, ISBN 978-1-60558-719-6
- Indika Meedeniya, Aldeida Aleti and Barbora Zimmerová, "Redundancy Allocation in Automotive Systems using Multi-objective Optimisation", in Symposium on Automotive/Avionics Systems Engineering (SAASE 2009), San Diego, CA, USA, October 13-16, 2009.
- Aldeida Aleti, Lars Grunske, Indika Meedeniya, and Irene Moser, "Let the ants deploy your software - A hybrid ACO/GA based deployment optimisation strategy", in 24th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2009), Auckland, New Zealand, November 16-20, 2009. IEEE Computer Society 2009, ISBN 978-0-7695-3891-4
- Aldeida Aleti, Stefan Björnander, Lars Grunske, and Indika Meedeniya, “ArcheOpterix: An extendable tool for architecture optimization of AADL models,” in ICSE 2009 Workshop on Model-Based Methodologies for Pervasive and Embedded Software (MOMPES 2009), May 16, 2009, Vancouver, Canada. IEEE Computer Society 2009, ISBN 978-1-4244-3721-4 .
- Indika Meedeniya, “ Architecture Optimisation of Embedded Systems under Uncertainty in Probabilistic Reliability Evaluation Model Parameters ” . PhD Thesis, Swinburne University of Technology, July 2012.
ArcheOpterix: Architecture evaluation and optimisation framework.
PSPWizard: Property Specification Pattern Wizard
ProProST: Probabilitic Property Specification Templates
- Ph.D. in Software Egnineering, Swinburne University of Technology, Oct, 2008 - July, 2012.
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science of Engineering (Electronics and Telecommunications)
First Class (2005)
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
- General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) - 2000
Three A passes in mathematics stream
3rd best results in the country
|2012 (May-Jun)||Visiting Researcher, University of Kaiserslauthern, Germany|
|2008- 2012||Research Scholar, Swinburne University of Technology|
|2011- Current||Teaching Assistant, Swinburne University of Technology|
|2008 - 2011||Software Engineer (part time), Swinburne University of Technology|
|2007 - 2008|| Technical Lead at Millennium IT (Pvt) Ltd.
( www.millenniumit.com )
|2005 - 2007|| Software Engineer at Millennium IT (Pvt) Ltd.
( www.millenniumit.com )
|2003 (Feb - Aug)||Trainee Engineer, MTN Networks Pvt Ltd.
( www.dialogtelekom.com )