Current Research Activities:
- Employing service orchestration techniques to model and enact SaaS applications.
- Identifying the techniques to improve the flexibility in business process modeling in Services Oriented Systems
- Implementing adaptable service composition mechanism using ROAD (Role Oriented Adaptive Design) framework [More]
- Extending Apache Axis2 for adaptivfe service compositions
- Incooporating context-awareness into service compositions
- Integrating event-driven processes with business rules
- Semester I-2011: Software Development in Java (HIT 2037, HIT 6037)
- M. Kapuruge. Orchestration as Organisation. PhD Thesis, 2012. Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne.
- M. Kapuruge, A. Colman, J. Han and I. Kumara. ROAD4SaaS: Scalable Business Service-based SaaS Applications. 25th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering - CAiSE 2013, Valencia, Spain. Springer LNCS.(to appear) [link]
- M. Kapuruge, A. Colman, J. Han and I. Kumara. Enabling Ad-hoc Adaptations through Event-driven Task Decoupling. 25th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering - CAiSE 2013, Valencia, Spain. Springer LNCS.(to appear) [link]
- I. Kumara, J. Han, A. Colman, T. Nguyen and M. Kapuruge. Sharing with a Difference: Realizing Service-based SaaS Applications with Runtime Sharing and Variation in Dynamic Software Product Lines. International Conference on Services Computing - SCC 2013. Santa Clara, CA, USA. IEEE Computer Society Press. (to appear)
- M. Kapuruge, A. Colman and J. Han. Representing Service-Relationships as First Class Entities in Service Orchestrations. 13th International Conference on Web Information System Engineering - WISE 2012, Paphos, Cyprus. Springer LNCS.
- M. Kapuruge, A. Colman and J. Han. Achieving Multi-tenanted Business Processes in SaaS Applications. 12th International Conference on Web Information System Engineering - WISE 2011, Sydney, Australia. Springer LNCS.
- M. Kapuruge, J. Han and A. Colman. Controlled Flexibility in Business Processes Defined for Service Compositions. 8th IEEE International Conference on Services Computing - SCC 2011, Washington DC, USA. IEEE Computer Society Press
- M. Kapuruge, A. Colman and J. King. ROAD4WS - Extending Apache Axis2 for Adaptive Service Compositions. 15th IEEE Enterprise Computing Conference - EDOC 2011, Helsinki, Finland. IEEE Computer Society Press.
- M. Kapuruge, A. Colman and J. Han. Defining Customizable Business Processes Without Compromising the Maintainability in Multi-tenant SaaS Applications. 4th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing - CLOUD 2011, Washington DC, USA. IEEE Computer Society Press
- M. Kapuruge, J. Han and A. Colman and M. Talib. Supporting Process Flexibility through Service Relationship Modeling[Innovation Showcase Paper]. 6th IEEE World Congress on Services - SERVICES 2010, Miami, FL, USA.
- M. Kapuruge, J. Han and A. Colman. Support for Business Process Flexibility in Service Compositions: An Evaluative Survey. 21st Australian Software Engineering Conference - ASWEC 2010, Auckland, New Zealand. IEEE Computer Society Press
- M. Talib, J. Han, A. Colman, J. King and M. Kapuruge. A Service Packaging Platform for Delivering Services. International Conference on Services Computing - SCC 2010. Miami, FL, USA. IEEE Computer Society Press
- T. Phan, J. Han, I. Mueler, M. Kapuruge, S. Versteeg. SOABSE: An Approach to Realizing Business-Oriented Security Requirements with Web Service Security Policies. IEEE International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing and Applications - SOCA 2009. Taipei, Taiwan. IEEE Computer Society Press
- M. Kapuruge, J. Han and A. Colman Towards on demand business process customization framework for software-as-a- service delivery model. Cloud Workshop - APSEC 2010, Sydney, Australia. [Accepted]
- Serendip: Service Relationship Modeling for Controlled Adaptation in Business Processes
- PC-chair of CS3- PhD Symposium, Swinburne University of Technology.
- Project Committee Member (PMC) for Web Services Project. Apache Software Foundation
- Speaker, UNATEK Conference 2008, Baltimore, MD, USA. “Security Challenges, web services and scripting languages”
- Speaker, ApacheCon 2006, Austin, TX, USA, “Enabling web services by embedding Axis2/C”.
Past Research Experiences:
- Author of Apache Rampart/C, which is an open source implementation of WS-Security* specifications, including WS-Trust, WS-Security Policy and WS-Secure Conversation. [More]
- Contributor to Apache Axis2/C project, which is an opensource web services engine written in C language that can be used to deploy web services. [More]
- Worked with Engineering Research Center, SKF Sverige AB, Sweden developing 3-D visualization techniques to perform simulations of bearing dynamics. [More]
- Photography. See some of my pics in Flickr
[mkapuruge] at [swin.edu.au]